TOP TEN LIST:
Removing the "Evidence" Before Your Carpet Stains are Discovered
10. ACT QUICKLY. Your reaction time is key here. The carpet you save may be your own.
9. PICK UP ANY SOLIDS that can be removed easily.
8. GET RID OF MUDDY FOOTPRINTS when they’re completely dry… by vacuuming. They’re a dead give-away. Especially if the prints match your shoes. Just hope no one comes home before you’re done.
7. SOAK UP HEAVY LIQUID SPILLS as much as you can with white terry cloth towels. No white cloth towels? White paper towels will do.
6. BLOT WATER SOLUBLE STAINS.Use two white terry towels, one wet with plain water, the other dry. White paper towels can also work. Gently blot, alternating the towels, till the evidence has vanished. Examples of these kinds of stains are: most foods, beverages, and body fluids.
5. USE A DETERGENT SPOT REMOVER if the stain remains. This is for water soluble stains only. Make sure the directions say it’s safe for carpets. If you don’t have one of these commercially made spot removers, you can easily make your own.
Check out HOMEMADE SPOT REMOVER * recipe below. Always follow with a neutralizing rinse. **
4. REMOVE SOLVENT SOLUBLE STAINS with retail products. Products to try are Energine, Carbona, or K2R; citrus solvent products such as Goo-Gone may work, but need more time to dissolve spot.Examples of solvent soluble stains are: oils, grease, tar, crayon, lipstick, butter, and cooking oil.
Gently blot solvent with cloth. Never pour liquid directly on carpet. Solvents poured onto stain may make glue on back of carpet loose. This type of adhesive is oil-based. After removal of solvent soluble stain, follow with detergent solution * (see recipes below.) And lastly…finish with neutralizing rinse. **
3. USE NEUTRALIZING RINSE * * after each kind of spot removal. Just a reminder.
2. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. You’re almost done…
1. CALL ABSOLUTE CLEAN, number 1 on the TOP TEN LIST, if the evidence still remains.
We know what we’re doing, and we can tell you other stuff to try… or just have us clean and restore your carpets.
CALL US ON THE CARPET. With ABSOLUTE CLEAN…the dirt stops here. 937-342-0928
Homemade Detergent Spot Remover *
Mix: 1 teaspoon mild detergent (like Ivory Liquid) into 1 pint of lukewarm water (see "C" of ABCs of Cleaning.)
Sponge detergent mix onto stain.
Work solution from edge toward center of stain to form a lather.
Sponge gently off with clear, cold water…until all suds are gone.
Follow with Neutralizing Rinse.
Neutralizing Rinse **
Mix: 1 tablespoon white vinegar into 1 pint cold water.
Sponge mixture lightly into affected area. Vinegar neutralizes any detergent
residue that’s still in carpet or that may wick to surface during drying process.
Blot as much moisture as possible out of area using absorbent white toweling or white paper towels. Never use newspaper or anything with
color or print.
Lay dry towel over area.
Place a heavy object on the towel, at least overnight.
Brush lightly after area is dry to restore normal texture.
ABCs OF NEVER-EVERS
Never-Ever … Abrasively scrub carpet. This will cause damage to the carpet fibers.
Never-Ever … Bleach stubborn stains. This causes damage to carpet fiber, or changes the color! The only exception: If your carpet is solution-dyed polypropylene. If you are sure it is polypropylene, then follow manufacturer’s instructions to a "T."
Never-Ever … Choose automatic dishwasher detergent or laundry detergent...only a mild detergent like Ivory Liquid.
Copyright © 2014 Absolute Clean, Inc 1200 Willow Rd Springfield Ohio / “Call ‘us’ on the Carpet” & “Network of Excellence” are registered trademarks of the Bane-Clene® Corp / Web site Design By: CW